Branding & Positioning

You boost brands for a living. For other people. Everyday.
But, what are you doing for your own brand?

Other people’s business is your business. Time to give yourself a little love.
Make your own mark. We’ll help.

Defining Moments in Agency History | The Worst Agency Receptionist Job EVER

Research Services

Become the most interesting person at your next agency happy hour by reading this short history of agency names from Marsha Appel, SVP Research Services.

RSW/US Agency New Business Thought Leader Survey Report

This RSW/US report provides perspective from 164 agency executives on questions posed by six agency new business thought leaders. Topics covered include: new business director’s skills and responsibilities knowledge of prospect’s budgets new agency services planned for upcoming year priorities for reinvesting in your agency formal new business plan scope of work vs. scope of […]

How to Differentiate Your Agency by Applying a Planning Approach

Research Services

Fern Miller of DigitasLBi provides pointers on how to differentiate an agency brand. The key takeaways are: “Be useful. Be different. Be consistent.”

Four Ad Agency Podcasts to Check Out

Research Services

Digiday reports that ad agencies have caught podcasting fever. Learn about four compelling agency podcasts that are good examples of innovative thought leadership.

Spend Your Energy Leveraging Strengths, Not Fixing Weaknesses

Research Services

Tim Williams, of Ignition Consulting Group, proposes the way to differentiate your agency is by focusing and enhancing your strengths to provide clients with services and solutions to fill their unmet needs.

Complete Guide to Starting a Podcast for Agencies

Research Services

Podcasts can be a great tool in an agency’s promotional arsenal. Hubspot details everything you need to know to start a podcast.

How to Prosper in the Era of Hyper-Competition

Research Services

Agencies are facing increasing competition from consulting firms, talent agencies, in-house services, and media and production companies. Tim Williams of Ignition Consulting Group provides strategies for rethinking your agency’s business model and positioning.

Creative Agency ‘Meet the Team’ Pages

Research Services

HubSpot highlights 13 agency websites that have inspiring “meet the team” pages.

80-20 Rule in Social Media

Research Services

Jane Browe suggests that when agencies use social media to market themselves the 80-20 rule should be applied. The 80-20 rule in social media recommends that just 20% of a brand’s (in this case, agency’s) content be self-focused. The other 80% should be content that is more relevant in terms of the industry and the […]

Drive Ad Agency New Business With a PR Plan

Research Services

Don Beehler, a public relations consultant to advertising agencies, provides PR tips and tactics to create a public relations plan for your agency.

Joel Idelson Joins Connelly Partners as CMO

Marketing & Communications

Connelly Partners announces Joel Idelson has been named Chief Marketing Officer.

Agencies-Have You Defined Your Values, Mission and Vision?

Research Services

Agency Management Institute provides guidance on how to define and distinguish your agency’s mission, vision and values.

Five of the Coolest Agency Websites

Research Services

Digiday highlights differing approaches by agencies to set themselves apart. One agency even ditched their website and replaced it with a new Instagram handle.

How to Lose the Fear of Positioning

Research Services

Michael Gass of Fuel Lines provides guidance on how to ignite new business through social media and a successful in-bound marketing program.

How to Create An Ideal Client Profile

Research Services

AgencyPost explains how to develop an ideal client profile and how it can be used to inform your agency’s marketing activities.